Are you looking for Medicare in Lowell MA? Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people aged 65 or older. Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure.
The program helps with the cost of health care, but it does not cover all medical expenses or the cost of most long-term care. You have choices for how you get Medicare coverage. If you choose to have Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) coverage, you can buy a private insurance company’s Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy. Request Free Quote
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for:
- People age 65 or older;
- People with qualifying disabilities; or
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant.)
Medicare has four parts:
- Part A is hospital insurance.
- Part B is medical insurance.
- Part C Medicare Advantage Plans are a private insurance option for covering hospital and medical costs.
- Part D covers prescription medications.
Medicare is managed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Social Security Administration works with CMS by enrolling people in Medicare.